If there is anything you should know about me is that I am passionate about psychology and my work as a therapist. I love knowing how the mind works, how our emotions respond and what we are able to do with the strength of our mind.
Beyond the science of this, there is an art to it as well. That comes in the form of a therapeutic relationship. I want you to come in feeling comfortable. Which is why I took the time to make my office inviting I think it matters. I also bring a great deal of my personality into my therapy and it has helped me walk my talk. I don't ask my clients to explore something that I wouldn't - because in my mind - it would lack integrity and authenticity. Trust is a huge part of the art form.
Above and beyond my education and personality - I have a great deal of life tucked under my belt. I have been through some amazingly difficult times. I know how it feels to be there, how it feels to work through something - and even better - what it feels like to move beyond an issue. All of this motivates me to continue my endless research of this field and to help motivate, support and guide others. In the end, Therapy is really a tool to help organize your thoughts and emotions - so life won't catch you off guard.
2007 - MA - Counseling Psychology - Lewis & Clark College, Portland, Oregon
1992 - BA - Communication - at the University of Colorado at Boulder
Licensed Professional Counselor, State of Oregon
- Previous Triage Counselor - Providence Health & Systems
- Individual Therapy and Group work with Gambling Addiction at Lifeworks NW, Portland, OR
- Professionals in Residency - Hazelden, Newberg, OR
- Previous Volunteer at the Dougy Center for Grieving Children, Portland, OR
- Previous Patient Advocate at Planned Parenthood, Beaverton, OR
- Individual Therapy and DBT Group work at Catholic Community Center, Salem, OR